Saturday, June 12, 2010

Green things-a-Growing

Though our allotment is starting to spring into life - its still a little behind some of the others. But hey-ho(e) never mind - but its slowly coming along. My friendly allotment keepers have been very kind, one lent me his rotovator so I could finish prepraring some soil, another gave me some lettuce today and a friend also came down and help to strim some of the weeds out for me. Without them I think I would not have got this far for sure.

But I'm pleased to show you some photos of the fruits (or veg ) from all my hard work.
This is the bean/pea section - not much to look at really.



This is the view across the strawberry and raspberry patch to the end of the allotment.
This is the view looking back at the top of the allotment - shed, water butts, flower patch and the squash/courgette/pumpkin patch.
Some raddish.
A small flower bed on the left and on the right the lettuce I received.
The little plants sticking out of the black weed sheet are cauliflower (I hope)
The lettuce again
Spinich patch

Loofas
and cucumbers
Yellow courgettes




No comments: