Thursday, July 22, 2010

A jolly nice person

I had a rant at the ever so un-helpful post office staff this week. I got some passport photos printed for Emily but after getting the passport documents through the door with the leaflet of rules and regulations on how the photo should be presented I thought I'd go for some advice - and who would be better than the people who check and send. Ha I thought wrong. The late opening (yes they finally opened at 9.05 am rather than 9am - grump 1), next they didn't smile or say good morning (is a friendly hello these days too much to ask? - grump 2), I then asked if they could advise me about passport photos and if the ones I had were ok to use. All I got from them was "for £8 we do a check and send", I explained that I could check and send my own form and all I wanted to know was whether the photos were suitable or not. So she chatted with her boss, came back and said again "for £8 we do a check a send service". I explained that I was more than capable of checking and sending forms, all I wanted was a yes or no answer on these blasted passport photos. GRUMP3. She said no after I repeated my question again, so I politely said that their customer service was awful and they should be ashamed to be called a service of any sort. Grump 4

I then popped into Boots store and asked a nice gentleman at the photo counter what he thought. Gladly he obliged in measuring the photo and said that he didn't think that they would be suitable. I thanked him gladly for his advice, popped across the street to a photographer and had more photos taken (and a tad cheaper than that god awful un-usable badly designed user interface of a photo booth at Tesco - passport quality my @rse)

I then thought hey - it's not often I get a nice caring person in a shop who actually gives a darn about you and goes out of their way. So I popped Boots a nice email saying "thanks for employing people who care". And the lovely people at Boots send me a nice box with 4 eyeshadows - coolio. I'm going to start emailing more companies to let them know if I get a good service from their staff. Ahem not that I'm after freebies, but heck they are nice to get :)

No comments: