Monday, August 30, 2010

Film Review



you all must think that all I do is watch films - well yes that is partly true, but I don't get the chance to see all the films I want to - for example I've been trying to find the time for the last 3 weeks to go and see Inception. We turned up at the cinema on one of the films last few weeks of showing , on orange Wednesday night and gah it was sold out.

Anyway what films I do get to see I like to talk about, for example I get to review Disney films which are fantastic - if you have kids plus a blu-ray player then any sane parent must buy these films. I have lost count of the times my youngest as put them on and sat through the films again and again. Best of all is that they come in dual format - Blu-ray and DVD - which is mighty handy for those long trips that the kids have to endure when they visit the relatives in Scotland (it's about a 10 hour trip split over two days - "Mum are we there yet?" - know what I'm saying?).

Ok so back to the subject in hand, this time I'm reviewing The Princess and the Frog
What I liked about this film was that it wasn't the typical fairy tale story - you know the one about poor girl makes good and her princess saves her. This was more like poor girl who has a dream to make it big, becomes a frog, has adventure with prince frog, then they make it big! I wont give too much away about the story but it was most enjoyable film I've seen in a long time and more in keeping with todays "fairytales"!


No comments: