Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Raving Mad

I've just been watching "Bringing up Baby" programme that is aired on Tuesday evenings at 9pm on Channel 4. I'm thoroughly disgusted with this programmes blatant disregard for the emotional and psychological damage that they are causing by trying to implement out of date techniques and practices. All I can assume is that someone though that this aired "abuse" would make entertaining television - is someone who needs to address their morals and ethos!

So I've petitioned and I would urge others to do the same, only after viewing the programme.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/progs/specific/?itemid=286480

"I'm disgusted and sick that anyone could have thought that this programme would make entertaining television and I'm even more disgusted that parents would consider to take part in such a horrific and abusive line of care for their children. Looking at the principles of these "baby regimes" is one thing but its another to psychologically and emotionally mistreat these children by trying to implement some of these outdated (and outdated for a reason!!!) regimes. I'm sure if you could speak to some people (both parents and children) who experiences these regimes when they were the "in-thing" to do, you would see that this programme was not a good idea!!"

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/parentingshows/

No comments: