Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Update

So in the end we didn't end up cancelling our home phone. The Virgin people called and said they could offer us the same deal with broadband and telephone for only £22.50 a month (telephone contract had free landline calls at the weekend only). So it looks like we are making a saving as we hardly use the home phone as is it. At least this way we don't actually loose our number and people will still be able to call us.

I actually had a call today about my car that I'd advertised for sale. A really pleased father arrived with his rather long legged student son and seemed genuinely pleased with the car (though I was embarrassed about how dirty the inside was and I still hadn't got round to using the t-cut stuff to try to get rid of some of the scratches!) but hey, he's coming round to pick it up tomorrow night. Wow I think I sold it! (and at not a too bad price either). Rather pleased it's going to someone nice and not some chav(ette). But I will be sad at the loss as she's been a good car, never failed me nor broken down on any hard shoulder.

Tonight Emily stunned me by helping me count to 10 in the bath. I was counting the amount of times I was pouring water over her new teletubbies bath toy and she started counting the following numbers. I would say One and she would say 2, I'd say 3 and she would say 4 and so on until 10 and then she clapped her hands! Amazing - made my heart melt.

Her walking is improving and her confidence is growing. Though she is more happy walking towards me than she is for her Dad or sister, but it's still early days and we need to work on that a bit. To help her I bought some new shoes - lovely pink ones with a little flower. She's really happy to wear them and quite delighted to walk from the house to the car now in her dandy little shoes. Do they have to grow so quickly though, can they not stay this cute till say about 5?

No comments: