Sunday, December 06, 2009

Saying goodbye

I flew up Edinburgh last Wednesday to attend my grandmothers funeral. She passed away peacefully the Wednesday before. She was a beautiful person, heart and soul, and will be missed by all of us.

A strange thing happened though - the nursing home had lost my Grandmothers wedding ring, they all thought it had gotten mixed up with laundry and had probably perished in one of the industrial washing machines. My father and aunt were pretty upset by this, but 2 days after they were clearing out my Grandmothers room and lo-and-behold they found her ring under a cupboard. My dad presented the ring to me before the funeral and I had to fight back the tears as I was over whelmed. It's beautiful thin gold band and fits perfectly on my index finger. What is strange that when I take it off for any length of time I get a weird feeling of pressure in my index finger - like it's telling me to put it back on. :) I'd like to think that's my Grandmother telling me not to lose it!

1 comment:

Jean said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I'm glad you have her ring, and looks like she wants you to wear it too!