Sunday, November 29, 2009

Just a Quickie today

Hit the gym at 9am this morning - my work out was pretty sluggish. Did I say I'd joined the gym? oh dear I am a bit behind on things aren't I? I joined a gym at the beginning of November (now those that know me know that I'm not a gym fan - to me the world is your gym all you need is some good running shoes!) But after some thought, dark nights and a good chat to a physiotherapist about my back and foot problems I decided to take up a very cheap student offer from Harpers Gyms. Turns out my core muscles are shot after having Emily - no I really mean SHOT. Hamstring it tight, no muscle in the glutes, no anything in my abs!! I needed to get an expert to check and she found my problem all right. Now I have a huge list of core strengthening exercises that take about an hour every day to do (sheesh). Hence why I joined a gym - I need to get my ahem 6-pack back (well I can dream about it). What has worrying was when I was being poked, prodded and pushed by Purdie (physio) she pushed down on the base of my spine and it all went "crunch" - she did as if it had done that before :) Sadly it hadn't but it made me realise just how knackered this old bod is getting.

So I went to the gym this morning and managed to pop up to the allotment to see what kind of state it was in, and I wasn't looking forward to it either as I had rather neglected it over the last 4 weeks. I do apologise for that. But it wasn't looking too bad. I decided to stay and do some work on it. I removed the now rotten aftermath of the squash patch - I only managed to save 3 small squashes. But the sprouts have grown and I picked some today for our dinner tonight. The runner bean canes I removed, along with the decaying courgette plant and I started to dig out some proper borders this time. Managed to get two thirds of the way down one side and about a third down the other before I called it time. I could have easily spent the rest of the day digging out the rest but I really needed to get home and do family time.


Marley helping with the washing (again)
I found some time to finish off a blanket with the Cath Kidston material I bought :) Any buyers?

One of the squash's from the allotment
And some of our crop of brussels :)

No comments: