Friday, May 21, 2004

Cooking calamities
Oh dear what a frustrating event my baking was this week! A-ha! I thought I would try my hand at making fudge.

Attempt 1
Throw the ingredients into the pan, look cool, stir until sugar melted. Have a beer.
Check pan, find it bubbling to the top, panic and stir like mad.
Test the fudges stiffening capabilities by dropping a little sample of it into glass of water. Does it form a little ball? Well kind of?!?
Put pan in sink of cold water and allow to cool. Have a beer
Has the fudge started to stiffen at base (what does that mean-that sounds rude!)
Ok think so - so whip like mad (kinky this fudge making)
Then toss the lot into greased baking tray and leave to cool. Relax and have a beer

Next morning - stick finger in fudge and find it's runny as snot!

Attempt 2
Same as above but...
boiled it for 5 minutes until the bottom of pan looked a bit browny-black, I think that should do it. Again test it, but this time burn tongue licking the spoon! Ouch!Have a beer to cool tongue.
Throw pan into sink, wait until cool and then beat like mad. Throw into baking tray and have another beer.

Next morning - stick finger in fudge and find that it resembles day old pavement pizza. Cry.

Attempt 3
Same as in attempt 2 - but decide to burn the bottom of the pan. More heat means more cooking - right? mmmm maybe not. Fudge now resembles rather dark sticky mess that looks more like treacle than a lovely golden brown fudge colour.

Maybe I should stick my face into that gooey mess - it might work better as a deep pore cleansing mask rather than a sickly sweet treat!

I GIVE UP - I've been beaten by fudge! I shall stick to the chocolate fudge brownies and carrot cake....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI caroline i did t know that you could make fudge!your blog is great

what else can you make.plus i did t know you drink a lot of beer.




lucas

lucas said...

hi caroline tubing is

.you sit in a round hope no holl in the middle
.go down a icy hill
.go head first on your on or in a three or in a circle shape i could be here forever telling you all the ways you can go down


lucas

lucas said...

Some day you will get a vacuum cleaning robot but not from me of course.



lucas

Anonymous said...

I cooked a meal for Julie's bruv and family yesterday.... I'll give you some tips some time!

david

lucas said...

lucas

brochan is my cousin not my guineapig.My guinea pig is new and is called Chewy