Thursday, July 01, 2004

Yawn - I'm soo tireeeddd today. Yesterday I spent the entire day in a little plastic boat (sorry Pico Laser) being battered about like a rubber frog in a tin can. The day started good - we got a little briefing on how to put the boat together, how to tack (for you land-lubbers this means turing the boat towards the wind)- but there was a lot of technical stuff to take in at the same time. After a little sailing close to the shore we were then let loose on the open seas (sorry lake), the sky got greyer, the wind got stronger and we were all wizing about like mad - Simon look very professional as he was leaning out of his boat most of the time. I was a little slow and decided it was safer for me to keep my body inside the boat rather than risk getting a soaking. As it turned out I got a soaking more than once - infact 3 times as my boat decided it would rather dunk me in the water than sail me back to shore. Ho Hum I even managed a 360 degree turn in the darn thing - before our nice instructor Graham flew over in his powered boat and dragged my little sad pico and cold me to shore.

It was a very enjoyable day and I'm sure my dad would be proud of me - so I must phone him tonight and have a gossip about boats! Tally ho ship mates!

No comments: