Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Well today I might have finally given up the battle to carry on working till a week before my due date. I didn't sleep well last night and moving in bed causes so much groing and belly pain that it's near impossible to sleep at all. I had to give in and go home after lunchtoday, and after a 2 hour nap I felt a whole lot better. I was hoping to keep my annual leave for use either after my maternity leave finished or getting paid for the holidays instead. I still cant make up my mind - I might just end up using my annual leave for the days when I just can't face the office. After seeing the midwife yesterday I'm also concerned about swelling feet, protein in urine and the regularity of the braxton hicks, as the midwife advised that having so many braxton hicks was my bodies way of telling me to slow down. We shall see.

Anyway we've been busy this weekend doing a little gardening - as my tomato patch is now of monster proportions - I hope to get a good crop this year. As for the other seedlings well I have a few chilli pepper plants, a small crop of carrots and courgettes. Not bad but still disappointing considering how many seeds I've actually planted. Never mind I still have dreams of having the garden totally overhauled and redesigned next year where I could have a couple of veg boxes to play with instead. Maybe I should still put my name on the list for an allotment? Lisa will laugh at me for this as she's gonna say "yeah right" like I will have the time to do this along with a new baby. I'm glad I've chosen Lisa to be our extra birthing companion. I now feel totlly confident that I've done the right thing in choosing a home birth with a birthing pool. Lisa has some knowledge with aromatherapy oils, and I've done some research on using homeopathic medicines for labour - all that combined with my loving partner Drew this may even be the happiest birth I could wish for.

Lst note I've published some photos of our holiday in Strathconon! http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k3/chenderson99/Strathconon2006/?action=view&slideshow=true

1 comment:

Lisa Durbin said...

Stop stop, you're gonna make me all weepy! ;)