Friday, February 23, 2007

New Shops

I was admiring the change in our local High Street yesterday. The Powerhouse shop shut down about a year ago and work only just started last week on the shop front. This makes us excited you see as there's not that much in town really, ok we have a Dorothy Perkins but there hasn't been much in there to buy, we have a Woolworths, Argos, Waitrose, Somerfield and some other local shops. Then Nero's came to town - a proper coffee shop offering more than just a freeze dried cuppa. Then to top that Marks and Spencers arrived - woo hoo! I have to admit I am a bit partial to some M&S goodies :) So back to the old Powerhouse shop - I was getting excited by the rumours that is was to be anther clothes shop - hmmm I wondered, could we be getting a GAP or Next - well erm no it turns out to be Bonmarche - a clothing shop for, well how can I say this, the 45+ lady. Then I just realised I'm only 8 years away from that age group! Will I be wearing fashion like this? I find it hard to believe, as right now I'm wearing combat trousers and t-shirts from New Look (who's market is mainly the 14-20 year olds). I'm worried I'm mutton dressing as lamb!

That reminds me I've gotta to pick up my order from the butchers.

Ciao amigos

ps I also wanted to say a very Happy Birthday to Jack who was 2 yesterday - he knows how to party and always has the best chocolate cake from http://www.tomscakes.co.uk/.
Any cake left?

No comments: