Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Tired

I know it's been a while since I blogged but honestly I have very little to say at the moment. I've been discussing new working arrangements with work and have negotiated coming back 34 hours a week over a 4 day period (this means I loose very little money and still manage to have a day off every week). Drew and I have also worked out that it would be financially better if we took annual leave off to look after Emily rather than pay a childminder, as we discovered last week that we would end up paying the childminder for 38 days and only actually user her for 18 days till the end of this year. It did seem silly, and rather a waste of money. Drew and I both agree that we would both feel a whole lot better looking after our children rather than handing them over to a childminder, not that I didn't mind the lovely childminder that we found - she was highly qualified and we liked her instantly, it's just with handing over a child this young to someone else just didn't feel right to us. The only drawback is that I get less holidays (well only 2.5 days less) but it also leaves me with just about enough holidays to have a 2 week break with my family. Maybe next year we shall employ a minder.

I've joined a local running club in St Neots last week. I push myself to run with them on Monday nights (because they only run 4 miles on Mondays!). So far I've met a few people, Neil was my running buddy last night and he was lovely. We managed to chat about running, injuries etc, until we ran up a slight incline - then I had to concentrate on breathing as I found it hard. I'm quite pleased to say last nights run was great, and I'm looking forward to next time I can run with them. In the meantime I'm going to have the pleasure of trying a run in the Highlands as we are all heading off for a weeks break in Strathconon.

Well that's it for today!

No comments: