Saturday, August 18, 2007

Weekly Newsround

Well this week I've mainly spent working hard on trying to finish a current project at work. I haven't done much else apart from maybe cycle to work and back, lunching with the Ladies (Lisa, Mia and Conchita). Mia is certainly filling out and I love how she can now hold eye contact with you, smile and coo, it makes me go all gooey.

Lisa and Paul have asked me to be "supportive parent" at Mia's naming ceremony in October. I was stunned when Lisa asked and of course I said yes - trying to hold back the tears of course! How wonderful was that - I'm going to be Mia's "god motherly type person".

I gave a pint of blood yesterday - first pint in about 2 years! Nerve wracking to say the least but hey it wasn't that bad and I'll definitely be going back in December to donate pint number 16 :) I met some fellow workmates at the session and found out that Chuan has already donated over 30 pints! Wow what a fellow.

Last night I went to Teri-Aki in Cambridge with some people from my office. I had a beef curry dish, followed by some sushi. Yummy yummy! Now I know I shouldn't have been doing this but I did proceed to start drinking my usual JD&diet coke and we all headed across to the Pickering to continue drinking until closing time. At which point you would have thought I would have keeled over - oh no no no I managed to remain relatively soberish compared to some of the speech slurring persons and general drunken tom-foolery (ahem Alex - he only looks about 12 - honest!). The taxi ride back to Cambourne was fun with Chuan (I can give a pint of blood and still knock back 8 tequila slammers) falling sleep in the taxi and then snoring at Mark's house. Matt once again looked like he could have carried on, but judging by his msn message this morning maybe he is slightly worse for wear!

Anyway it was a great night - and no one was hurt in the making of a great evening :)

No comments: