Saturday, February 07, 2009

Take a deep breath and breathe out

Ok, I'm not totally over last weeks upsetting episode. But it's getting better. I've now got a tonne of work to do (and I'm thankful for it). I know that there are tough times ahead and I feel we are still on shaky ground. I'm really hoping the company can weather this recession and we don't see any more redundancies, but it's all around me at the moment. Phoebe has come home and already told us of another family who's mother and father have both been made redundant and I'm waiting to hear back from another friend to see if she has also lost her job. :(

Just in case the Dude and I have discussed plans if I am made redundant. So just to let the grandarents know - Keep the spare rooms empty!

Ok onto other things that have happened this week. After the snow disrupted most services I finally got round to getting some baby blankets I made sent up to Lauder. Well only after a very frustrating 30 minutes in the Papworth Shop and Post Office! I leave work early on Friday because the snow conditions were looking a bit dodgy so I decide to pop into Papworth to pick up some large plastic postal bags (I tried the PO in St Neots but they only have the smallest ones - sigh1). So I queue, get to checkout to be told sorry the card readers are not working, oh and we have to charge you 50p for using it! Ok I say hold on I need some birthday cards, I get some birthday cards, return to the long queue and wait again. I get to the checkout, she tries the card reader twice and it fails! Sigh Ok I need some cash. Oh there is a cash machine in the shop but it charges £1.75 for a transaction - I say WTF?! That's freaking robbery! Ok lets try another plan. I'm told I can get cash from the on-site Post Office, great I say! I get to the counter I ask about which card can use to get cash and luckily I have a card I can use but I've forgotten the pin number - so this is another fail in my plan to buy a plastic postal bag! Lo and behold I meet my work mate and she lends me 50p. Hurrah I now have enough cash to buy the bags. So I once again queue at the shop to buy them. This takes me 30 minutes for what should be a 2 minute transaction! I get my bags, walk back through the snow to the car, bundle the blankets into the bag (luckily I can get all 4 in the same bag), address it and then return to the post office to post them. Job done. PHEW!!! Breathe out, relax.

All I have to do today is navigate my way though the snow to Milton Keynes for my next laser session - I'm taking the sat nav just in case ;)

Enjoy!

No comments: