Friday, January 30, 2009

Tough 2 days

It's been a tough 2 days since my company announced it was to loose 10% of staff. Being in the office has been unbearable, especially since they started the UK redundancies yesterday in the London office and us Cambridge people had to wait until today. No one knew how and when you were to be notified for your "final" meeting, so its been totally agonising to wait this long. This morning was the worst as my boss texted me whilst I was at home to say he "wouldn't be there" when I got in.

I've worked with him for the past 5 years, through one project till the next, thick and thin. I was very upset and in tears when he told me he was going and of course I was terrified for myself.

Once I reached the office I was running on adrenaline, and one by one people started to email to say they were leaving. I've also lost some brilliant workmates and this year Iforum wont be happening. Looks like my future in UI Evaluation is cut short - for the time being.
Finally after lunchtime we received an email to say that was it - no more people would be leaving. We all breathed a sigh of relief but I also think we all felt sorry for the ones who had left.

I'm hoping all my departed colleagues get work soon.
Will miss you all
:(

1 comment:

Mrs Dee said...

Yeah, it wasn't nice knowing about it since Wednesday night (Paul saw the email at home) and then we were away on Friday. I was very upset about G as well, and I feel so shitty for so many people. Such a crappy, crappy time right now.