Monday, March 30, 2009

Pumelled and Pampered

Yesterday signaled the start of a week long celebration of my friends 40th Birthday. We'd all organised to go to the Elveden Centre Parc for a pamper day. And it was a terrific day out. I picked up one of the girls along the way and we arrived at the Aqua Sana at about 10.15 were we were informed by the friendly staff of what the day involved. I'd booked a quick facial and was quite happy to pad around the luxurious Spa experiencing all the delights it had to offer. So after a quick refreshing cup of coffee I wondered off for my lovely facial. Not only was I treated very nicely I was even chatting the the girl about part-time work as a reflexologist - I may consider this as the benefits they got as employees/contractors sounded really good - guest passes and discounts on the chalets.

After being scrubbed, cleansed and and refreshed I joined the girls upstairs for a brief chat and then I had a look around. It had every type of spa you could ever imagine and lots that I had never heard of like the Japanese Salt Steam Bath which was fantastic, really comfy tiled seats to sit in and a foot rest was just at the perfect height so you could relax without straining your knees. Next there was the Balinese Multi Steam Bath, Indian Blossom Steam room - which was much gentler on the skin but still a fantastic steam.

As I had a sinus infection I took full use of the Turkish Hamman steam room and its "cleansing" properties - great for stuffy noses with all that menthol. I think I tried every experience at least once and thoroughly enjoyed the freebie sample of a face mask and moisturiser at the end the session.

Lunch was included so we all ate a light salad lunch, mine had crayfish and a high energy salad, with which I drunk some elderflower juice. And at 3.30 we had the devils delight of chocolate cake and a hot chocolate - very yummy.

Absolute bargain of a day out, not only my first day at a spa but also a very relaxing one - I'll be checking online deals this week as I'd like to go again!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fab. I'm going back on 28th June if you see any deals. x

Mrs Dee said...

I definitely want to go back again - maybe before this baby comes.