Friday, November 24, 2006

New Shoes
I ordered some new running shoes yesterday, and I was delighted when they turned up this morning. All shiny and new! So I popped them on and decided to take myself off for a run. Now I haven't been able to run due to obvious reasons for the past 11 months and boy it hurt, it hurt a lot. My lungs were screaming for oxygen and my legs were complaining that I wasn't going slow enough and that was only at the 8 minute mark. I managed to keep on running around the park before I got home, completing approximately 2 miles in 21 minutes. Very slow but very pleasing at the same time. I was amazed that so many muscles were out of shape, even my stomach was hurting. Well it can only be onwards and upwards now, the first few runs are always the worst and I'm looking forward to improving my distance and time.

No comments: