Friday, April 20, 2007

Mr Mousey Lives for Another Day

I promised a while back to try to get some photos of Mr Mousey that lives in the rabbits hutch. I never took any as sadly one day I found a dead mouse lying in the middle of the garden, I thought this was Mr Mousey and promptly buried him, only to find out a week later that Becky (who was looking after the cats and rabbit for me) found very much to her surprise a very live and very jumpy mouse in Peter's hutch.

When we got home from our short break I then found a complete mouse skeleton lying on top of Peters outdoor hutch. Gosh, I thought, someone has devoured Mr Mousey this time - so I deposited the skeleton in the green recycling bin. Thinking well that was it finished yet again this morning I find another fresh carcass lying on my lawn - yikes I though surely Mr Mousey's odds of being found alive are now steeply stacked against him.

So I decided to have a look inside the hutch, and what could I see the tiniest little snout peering out of the gap in the birds box. I ran inside to grab the camera to photo this happy occasion, but sadly all i could get was this one photo before the little fellow flew out and off into the garden.


Not the best photo in the world but I had to zoom in to try to point out to you his furry brown backside just peeping out in the middle of the picture.

No comments: