Sunday, June 17, 2007

As one enters another leaves

Today we headed to Kiddicare in Peterborough to buy a new mattress for Emily's bed, but on the way back we were unfortunate to witness a crash scene where paramadics were battling to save a motorcyclists life. As we sped past I caught a glimpse of the paramedic performing chest compressions and it hit me that this guy was dying as we drove by. I can still remember the paramedic furiously pumping away and I remember thinking gosh that that is what it would be really like to give someone CPR. Not this fake stuff you see on Casualty. And I think to myself would I be able to do this for real? Would I be able to stay calm and perform CPR on someone? I like to think that my previous First Aid training would stand me in good stead but I don't think it would prepare me, or anyone else, for a scene of an accident like that. I have to ask myself that question as I'm seriously considering joining CamSAR, Cambridge Search and Rescue, as a search technician. But that's another story for another day.

On a happier note Lisa is just entering pre-labour (heck I didn't know this existed!). We're all sending happy, positive and pain-free labour thoughts out into the universe for her and her family. I wish Beanie a safe journey, oh and to turn round and face the back, that part's important! xxx

No comments: