Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Baby baby

Early on Sunday morning another little girl was born. Congratulations to Lucie and David, they have another beautiful daughter. Elsie I wish you much love and happiness in your life.

This week there should be another little girl arriving and I have to say I'm anxious. My friend Lisa is due any day and I'm pleased she has opted for a home birth using our birthing pool (don't worry she has new liners for it!)

I won't say my first child's birthing was a pleasure nor was it horrible but being in hospital was just the wrong environment for me. I like to be in my own home, sleep in my own bed and eat my own food. Sleep with the lights off (or dimmed real low), and enjoy the silence where you can hear your new baby gently sleep.

Emily's birth was a totally different experience. Not only was she a much bigger baby, but it was a shorter(no morphine required), less exhausting labour and I healed (hey no stitches) in double quick time after the birth. I can only attribute this to the lovely calm environment along with the birthing pool.

Lisa I can only wish you the same for your forthcoming labour. I salute you as you join the ranks of "the home birthers".

1 comment:

Lisa Durbin said...

New liner...and new sieve! ;)

Thank you, sweetheart. The idea of being at home just seems right to me and being born in the water seems like a lovely way to come into the world. Fingers crossed!