Monday, November 03, 2008

101 things to do with a pumpkin

First of all you cut its' head off, then you scoop it's guts out


Then you set stick a lit candle in the middle and burn it (muhahahaha)


The witch is Emily's pumpkin and the Cat is Phoebes.

After scooping it innards out we then roast them as a tasty treat.

Then we roasted the tender flesh and turned it into a tasty soup.
We then steamed some flesh and took a blender to it (queue more witch cackling)
and then made a sweet pumpkin pieNot one pie but 2 pies!

And finally baking a batch of cookies from the left over flesh.




Yummy Yummy!




4 comments:

Mrs Dee said...

What the...? Did you bake those pies in glass bowls?

Mum said...

sure did

kerry jean lister said...

I made pumpkin pie last year and was still finding pumpkin innards in kitchen crevices come December! I have to say it was worth it tho - it's one of my favourite puddings!

Caroline - would it be possible for you to drop me a line at your convenience?

I'm working on something at the moment that I think may be of interest to you both as a parent and a blogger.

Cheers!

Kerry

Kerry@digital-outlook.com

PS - Lisa can vouch for me as I've also been in touch with her :)

Mum said...

ok good things really come in 3's - first pumpkin goodies, free stuff to try out and now i'm crossing my fingers for say £1million in cash so i can move to a 5 bedroom house with a study and a jacuzzi.