Tuesday, November 04, 2008

How to wind up an 11 year old

Phoebe's birthday is just a mere 2 weeks away and I'm steadily winding her up by leaving cryptic messages on the family calendar. Things such as "whoohoo having fun at 4.30pm" on the 22nd Nov in her calendar section.
I get funny questions like "what are we really doing at 4.30 on the 22nd November? " and I say "oh nothing".

What she doesn't realise is that I've orga... oh hold on she reads this blog ! Muahahahha!!!

I had to fess up about the Maine Coon cats though - even I couldn't keep that one to myself. Oh just remembered I didn't blog that one did I? Ok so Elvis went home to his mum and dads about 2 Sunday's ago. And I felt like we have lost some little personality in the house. So I started taking a look at the options, could we adopt - sadly no! As the CPL wont let us have kitties because we live on a main road - so another reason to move to another house, preferably one that is not on a main road. I looked at the cost of buying a Kitty (though that did make me feel guilty as there are so many kitties out there desperate for home) but then I thought about it and I haven't had the chance to have any kittens for many years as I've always fostered or adopted cats, so I figured I've paid my dues. But then I found the cost of £350-450 for a Maine Coon kitten a bit much and something that we can't really afford just now. But by pure chance one of the breeders I had been speaking to told me she had 2 females she needed to rehome - so bonus I thought, ok not kittens but still Maine Coon cats that I have so desperately wanted to have for many many years. So on the 15th November we are taking a trip out to Ely to be kinda "interviewed" by the owner to see if we are suitable. So I'm feeling really nervous about this as I really really want to have a Maine coon cat and would be more than delighted to have 2!

I will update once we have some more news - in the meantime I gotta get some work done as I have an online lecture tonight!

No comments: