Monday, June 14, 2004

Monday Morning Again!
I'm truly glad to be back at work today, ok I know that most of you wont agree but I'm pretty sure that some people will agree if they had a bad weekend trying to do parenty stuff. I agreed to go along with a friend of mine for a camping weekend with some other friends, just the mums and kids, what I didn't realise is that most of the kids were toddlers (and we are talking tantrum age here), so poor Phoebe didn't really have anyone her age to play with. I've spent the past 2 days with screaming, shrieking, crying, howling children and their equally stressed shrieking mums, getting up at 6 am, having soggy biscuits thrown at me, pencils jabbed in my arm and aromatic smelly nappies. There were some good points to it all - there was no television to sedate the kids. Going to the toilet was an adventure, especially in your pyjamas. The weather was great, and I had fun chasing the kids around the tents trying to tickle them.

No comments: