Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Dear Inland Revenue Wankers!

I am writing to complain about the inland revenues complete incompetence and inability to resolve the issues with my partners and my tax credits.

I wrote to you several months ago outlining the reasons why I thought it was unreasonable of you to try and recover overpayments made by you to us. You then replied with a letter from P. Enishead, saying you were going to go ahead and we had no right to appeal.

Firstly, can you explain how you came to the conclusion that I should have been aware that the payments were wrong, as I have never claimed them in the past and had no prior knowledge of what I could expect? Secondly, your statement that I have no right to appeal I find quite insulting. You clearly think you are above reproach and infallible. How you came to this conclusion when the Press reports that you have made approximately £1.8 Billion worth of overpayments Nationwide is incredible!

Further on in the letter you claim to have checked our employment information and say it is correct. What did you check this against? After several fruitless attempts to clear up the problems using your laughably titled “Helpline”, I then discovered that our employment information is wrong! P. Enishead is obviously not up to their job or they just didn’t bother to check!

From the 9th of June ’04 up to the 22nd of Feb ’05 you claim to have paid £10.10 per day into my wages. These 259 days total £2615.93. Neither my partner or I have ever received these payments so we DO NOT wish to pay this money back to you! The PAYE Ref. No. You had for me was incorrect and so was her employers name. We have now corrected another of your mistakes for you.

In fact as you have been recovering these imaginary overpayments from our current Child Tax Credits, we believe that you owe us backdated credits.

Further to these problems, the ability of your call centre staff must be brought into question. On Wednesday the 7th of June 06 I called to complain about your service as your complaints leaflet says I can do this. I was told someone from your Preston office would call me back within 48 hours. This did not happen. I called again and asked to talk to a supervisor hoping they may be more thorough. I was advised that someone would call me back within 24 hours. This did not happen. Today I called again. This time I was put strait through to a manager. She then claimed that without a written complaint as well as a verbal one, no one would be in touch. If this is the case, why does your complaints leaflet state that it is possible to complain by phone?
The manager then checked my details and told me my mobile phone number had been written incorrectly. If your employees are unable to take down a phone number, how can they be expected to correctly type in a PAYE Ref. No.?

As you can understand this whole process has been extremely stressful for myself and especially my partner who is now 5 months pregnant. She does not need the stress of you trying to collect a substantial amount of money, which we do not owe you.
I request that you review our whole claim from the first day it was made in early ’04 and correct any mistake. Please contact me in person, as I would be happy to give you any information you need.
We believe we deserve a written apology and a thorough explanation as to why, after 2 years of dealing with you, that this matter has still not been resolved.

If this matter is not resolved very soon, I will be contacting the local Press and my MP, as at the minute you seem unwilling to help individuals. Perhaps the intervention of someone with a bit more “muscle” will give you a suitable incentive to get you going.

I look forward to hearing from you VERY soon, (you bunch of thick twats)

No comments: