Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sweet weekends...this weekend i planned to visit my old old friend (she wont thank me for saying old here!) in Tonbridge, I was told off for calling it Tonbridge Wells. To my amazement it was one of the easiest places to drive too, even though i spent some time sitting in traffic at the toll booth and traffic jams in the hot hot sunshine! i was welcomed into her house by their teenage son Connor (just remember Connor I babysat you when you were a little 3 year old blonde haired toddler!), who despite being a teenager (hormones and girls - know what I mean?) is still a pleasure to shoot the shit with! Diane arrived soon after with her two brilliant daughters (sorry Connor you are brilliant too - but don't let that go to your head.) Rhiannon (who is a flagpole with long flowing hair) and Caitlin (who is such a cute little pixie). Diane, I am glad to say, was looking well despite running around after 3 busy kids (2 of them black belts in Wing Chun - how kick ass is that?) still retains her wicked sense of humor and "normality" - Diane if you are reading this you will know what I mean! Her hubby you see works in some god-forsaken shit hole for the oil industry and spends lots of weeks away from family. Hats off to you guys. I really couldn't do without Drew being here to help fix the house, sort out kids, shopping, housework, blah blah and whatever else my handy "man friend with extras" does here.

Thanks Diane for looking after Phoebe and I, taking us out to Si for some lovely calamari (this time i didn't feel queasy after eating it) and a lovely artichoke salad. Sorry I couldn't eat more but I have a naughty baby playing volleyball with my small intestine and football with my bladder. Does make eating lots of lovely food tricky. I'm looking forward to cooking a full English breakfast complete with butteries for you when you drop by in August.
ciao for now everyone xxx

No comments: