Thursday, July 20, 2006

This week I received a special invite from Phoebe's school to attend a coffee morning to say thanks to the parents who have helped support the school over the last year. This has meant helping out at various school fayres and projects like the walking bus. Well I decided to attend despite the heat - and I must say I enjoyed it, but I'm beginning to think I'm mellowing in my old age as years ago I surely wouldn't have entertained the idea of drinking tea with a group of other mothers. I just felt that I didn't fit in as everyone else either seemed to be a full-time mum or worked part-time. I always felt that I didn't fit the norm of other mainstream parents. Anyway as I've grown older and I moved away from Aberdeen to St Neots I met a whole different group of people who like me work full time and still have the energy to raise a family. Maybe it's the support I get from Drew that enables me to feel differently about motherhood. Maybe it's the fact that now that I'm expecting a baby with someone who truly wants a baby and supports me, loves me etc that I feel I can relax about being a mum.

I also wanted to say that whilst attending the coffee morning - not one - NO NOT ONE mother offered me her seat! Pah women eh?

No comments: