Sunday, July 09, 2006

Wow I've been working so hard over the past few weeks, despite being ill for 2 and a half days with a chest infection I've still managed to do a heck of a lot. I've managed to get all my tomato seedlings into grow bags last thursday, and with me putting down bug killer pellets all over the grow bags I've managed to create a kind of pet cemetary for slugs and snails. Where did they all come from, do snails and slugs smell fresh seedlings? Each morning I go out to check on my precious tomato plants and I find masses of dead and dying slugs. It's kinda sad too, here I am trying to grow some veg for the family and be enviornmentally friendly and kapow I end up having a mass cull of the little critters. Oh well maybe it will be different next year. Drews lovely sister Lorna has kindly offered to come down and help design and create a new garden for us! Yep Lorna I'm gonna hold you to that offer too!

We hope to incorporate some large veg box type areas so i can grow some stuff rather than having pots of seedling hanging all over the place, level out the lawn which will probably involve re-turfing it all, some new fencing - I'm sure it's all going to look terrific when Lorna has finished.

Thanks to the lovely James too, for inviting us to his BBQ this weekend - we had a brilliant time chatting to folk from work, eating lots of gourmet sausages and lovely mainated meat - very yummy guys. I met the lovely Bertie and Paul - they seem like our kinda people - NUTS! Hehe. They've invited us to theirs next saturday for another BBQ and the other good thing is they live in Milton Keynes! And as my friends know, god knows I keep telling them, that this is a bonus because when we go to visit them I'll also get the chance to visit the new Krispy Kreme store they have opened. Trust me you have never tasted a good donut until you taste one of these dreamy sugar loaded sweet bakes. I'm sure they have trillions of flavours I haven't trued yet and I can't wait to visit to purchase some more!

No comments: