Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Postman Always...

Visits when you are out!

It's true. Yesterday I eagerly awaited the delivery of our new digital camera (Canon A710IS). I'd spent weeks looking at reviews of cameras and asked my friends at work for their opinions(JamesB and MattH thanks guys). I finally then tracked down a super deal of the camera plus a 2 GB SD card, rechargeable batteries and charger and a camera case. Oh what a let down it was as the company I ordered it from was out of stock. So I had to play the waiting game. I checked every week for an update on the order, first the order didn't arrive, then it was delayed - at this point I was about to look for another supplier on the Internet when I got an email to say my order had been shipped via Next Day Delivery. Whoop Whoop. I was going to arrive on Tuesday. So we sat in waiting and it was about 2.30 pm when we got fed up and decided to go for a walk when I turned to Drew and said jokingly "Bet you the camera arrives when we are out" we laughed, oh how we laughed. We were in the process to start organising ourselves to go out when I happened to notice a delivery van across the road and someone coming straight for our house - hurrah hurrah it was MY delivery at last!

I haven't had much chance to play with the camera yet - but I'm hoping to publish some photos tonight. Yippee!

No comments: