Thursday, January 04, 2007

MOT's

Looking back over the last year my body has undergone a radical change. It undertook the nurturing of Emily from conception to birth, endured 4 months of horrendous morning sickness followed by another 5 months of nausea. Also with various aches and pains, sore hips, heartburn, cramps, a damned hot summer, swollen legs and ankles, passing out, blood tests and scans. Culminated by a 4 hour labour, post natal recovery and 8 weeks of broken sleep. Thankfully Emily has been sleeping through the night now for the last 7 weeks - and I hope that continues. I've gone from an 8st runner to a whopping (mumbles something about 2 and a half stone heavier) equalling a large barrel by the end of the pregnancy. Luckily I lost a lot immediately after the birth and have only 7lbs to loose (if I choose). Even though some things still wobble I'm well on the way to regaining my fitness. I've started running again and have joined a local running group, Tae Kwon Do is still on the menu combined with some weight training and bike turbo training at home when I can fit it in. This year I think my body will pass it's MOT.

I was going to add that unlike my body my car didn't pass it's MOT - but I got a surprise today when it did! I think that's the first time in 4 years that the blooming thing has passed an MOT first time.

No comments: