Monday, January 15, 2007

Return to Work

I made contact with my boss last week to discuss returning to work. Now I never normally discuss work as a rule but returning to work has been praying on my mind this week, I'm worried that I'll loose too much money, not have enough hours to fulfill my contract. I only get one chance per year to request flexi time and I don't want to stuff it up. I also worry about working less hours than everyone else, would I be regarded as part-time if I only work 30 hours a week? Would I be regarded less than a full-time employee?.

There are so many questions and yet I also have to ask would it be ok for Emily to go into Childcare 2 days a week - how will this affect her. Both of us agree we really don't want to have to put her into childcare at all but to loose 2 fifths of my salary is just too much and childcare would certainly work out cheaper. I guess we just have to go with it and see. I no have the tough task of finding childminders who don't mind working to Drews shift patterns, being flexible and also being suitable. Out of the 4 childminders I sought out for Phoebe only 2 were suitable (the other 2 being down right horrible and 1 verging on being abusive). If Shona is reading this could you please come and stay to be our childminder?

No comments: