Saturday, January 03, 2009

2009

Happy 2009 everyone!
Well I'm still full of snot, coughing and look absolutely awful today. I went back to work yesterday as I needed to get some work done on my first TMA for my current Open University unit M257 - putting Java to work. I called my HR department to ask if I needed a sick note from the doctors and after being off for 9 days they said I had to. So I made an appointment that day to see a Doctor, drove back home, sat in a waiting room for 20 mins before I saw her and after discussing what had happened, you know high fever, aching like I've been hit by a bus, being sick, sinuses inflamed so badly that I thought my head would split, snot like you've never seen before and and a cough! She said no, she would not give me a note retrospectively! WHAT? I took it in good heart though as normally I would have kicked ass about it. I've not had problems before getting a sick note retrospectively! Sigh some people are a bit petty, I could go back and see another doctor I'm sure I would not have a problem. Lets hope my pay is not docked!

No comments: