Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Geek or Nerd

Have I officially entered Geekdom or Nerd Central? I'm not sure what the difference is but I certainly belong in one when I start laughing at programming jokes. I found this website funny http://xkcd.com/208/

Onto other things - the Dude and I have started to psychologically potty train Emily. This means before bath time we take the potty out, we talk about the potty, Emily sits on the potty, Emily gets off the potty, we talk about the potty, we clap about her sitting on the potty - ok see where we are going here? All talk and no action - right? Yes - we all talk about it but someone is not producing any "actions".

Though tonight the converstation when like this :
Me: "Emily, can you sit on the potty?"
Emily : "Yes, Emily sit on potty"
Emily: "Do bum cake on potty"
Me: "yes that would be brilliant Emily, do bumcake on the potty"

Emily gets off, scratches bum and says "bum cake coming!"

Me: "oh great sit on the potty then"

Emily sits on potty for 3 seconds
Emily: "no bum cake"
Emily "Emily get sweety now?"
Me : *sighs* "no, no bumcake no sweety"

(the bribe of sweeties worked with her older sister-it pottied trained her in a week - so am I a bad Mum?)

1 comment:

Mrs Dee said...

Oh please, everyone bribes their children with sweets when potty training! (or maybe that's just me) We used Buttons as well as sticker charts, and they worked a treat. We didn't start until Jack was a bit older, though. I figured I could start early but take longer to train, or wait a bit and have him trained faster. I'm lazy, so I went for the latter!

And I'm giggling myself stupid over the phrase "bumcake".