Saturday, March 10, 2007

Early Mornings and Hangovers

It's now almost 9am and I've been awake for 3 hours and I feel a tad rough.
Last night we had a small dinner party and I surprised myself by being able to cook fillet steak to everyones delight. They all loved it! I was surprised as I'm not a fan of red meat - let alone cooking it. But I bought the steak from a reputable local butcher and I have to say that it was the best thing I've tasted in a while and I was so chuffed that I was able to flambe too! I could be another Nigella in the making - but somehow I don't think I could look as saucy as she does in a kitchen ;)

Anyway it was a successful night, lots of laughs and lots of wine and beer were consumed. One thing that sticks in my mind is what my friend thought of me and my internet obsession. Apparantly I'm like a hamster in a wheel!


Audrey - this is for you

No comments: