Friday, March 02, 2007

It's not easy being Green

Over the past couple of years we've been slowly getting greener, and I'm not talking about my skin colour. When the council handed out their blue and green bins I thought that this was brilliant. I love recycling. This year Drew worked out how much money and electricity would be saved if we powered everything off that we normally left on standby - I think his calculation came to £12. But not only does this save us money it also saves carbon emissions - being Carbon Neutral is the latest subject in the news. At the moment we only drive to our supermarket once a week, we shop at the farmers market in town on a regular basis (no car needed), and we recycle every available item that I can think of. I've even been lucky enough to have such good friends who have lent me baby items such as clothes, toys, and a cot. Does anyone else have suggestions on reducing carbon emissions or being greener.

Some suggestions here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I pledge to only use my drier once week as opposed to the six times I've been using it. Got myself an airer now. So far so good.