Sunday, March 04, 2007

Pervs and other such things

I've come to the conclusion that swimming pools are places where perverts prey on anybody. Not only have I been flashed at by a lesbian in an Aberdeen pool changing rooms, I've also been perved on by some pool stalker.

Yesterday I took Emily, Phoebe and her friend to the Parkside Pool in Cambridge. This was going to be Emily's first time in a swimming pool, and also a great chance to let Phoebe and her and mate have some fun larking about in the water. Everything was going well, Emily was enjoying the warm water and the girls had gone off to try the slides. After half an hour I decided Emily had probably had enough so I told the girls I was off to shower and if they needed me I would be at the poolside cafe. I got changed, found a seat beside the pool and started to feed Emily some lunch, when I noticed that one of the lifeguards was staring at me. I didn't think too much to begin with but after 15 minutes every time I looked up to see if I could see the girls I caught this man looking at me. This went on for another 10 minutes, he'd wander off only to return to the same spot and turn to look at us. This also caught the attention of another lady who also had a very young baby and I mouthed to her "is he staring at me", she replied "yes". Slightly uncomfortable now, I finished feeding Emily and held her in my arms till she fell sleep exhausted, and then I got my chance. I saw the pervy guy leave and I took the chance to get one of the other lifeguards to get the manager. I explained what had happened to the manager and that another lady with her baby had seen the guy as well. The manager was nice about it and said he knew who it was and would have a word with him. I felt relieved but I also wanted to now leave the pool but I couldn't see the girls as they must have been in the bigger pool. So i had to wait, finally one of them appeared and I asked them to get showered and come out. Both appeared happy about that (well they had been in there for 2 and a half hours), when next thing I know Phoebe is in pain. I thought she had stubbed her toe on the side but when she came limping over and sat down at the side she showed me an earring sticking out of the bottom of her big tow. Yikes - I got a shock. I was almost in tears as I could understand that that would really hurt. My poor mite was in pain, luckily she let the lifeguard take a quick look and he quickly removed the earring from her foot. We then all got taken through to the first aid room, where lo and behold I met the manager again! Phoebe was brave and let the lifeguard clean the wound and put a plaster on it, whilst I helped fill out the incident form. At this point I really desperately wanted to leave. Finally the girls got dressed and we were about to go when Phoebe realised she had lost her goggles. *!?*&%$!*!?!?! Once again I had to speak to the lifeguards about her missing goggles, just when I thought everything was over, the lifeguard then presumed that another lady in the pool had nicked Phoebes goggles. So we watched her like hawks only to have the manager (again, he must have been sick of us by now) come over and hand over the goggles that had been left in the first aid room. I made a quick exit with a sleepy baby, 1 tired kid and 1 kid barely able to walk.

This is not quite the end of the story - before we got to my car at the fire station Emily decided to sneeze in Phoebes face and throw up a little over my arm as I carried her.

I think all this calls for a big pressie for Mothers day :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh dear. One of THOSE days. I've so had my share this year (not with pervs I must admit). Maybe I am due a perving ha ha.