Friday, March 30, 2007

Thank you for Fridays

It's Friday at last! I'm tired for sure but also happy that it's the beginning of the weekend. The wine is in the fridge cooling and will be ready for drinking as I type.

Had a nice week, getting into work mode slowly but surely. We also had time to visit the baby clinic and have Emily weighed. She's now 18lb, and at this stage her growth rate will slow down as she is expending more energy as she is now very happy to flip over onto her tummy at every opportunity. Her teeth are slowly emerging and are very sharp! Just watch those fingers everyone otherwise she will gnaw them off.

On Wednesday we also visited Tosha and her lovely little un's Digi and Kalilah. I was fed some lovely chocolate cake and full fat cola - I needed a sugar and caffeine hit! Our kids played, ate and played some more - Digi had me in hysterics as he proceeded to strip off his trousers and pants and run around the playpark!

I also used my local Freecycle website this week, I'd been given an old sewing machine that I didn't need (many thanks to the Dude for purchasing a new one for me). I logged onto http://uk.freecycle.org/ and advertised it, and one day later it was taken away. It did need some minor repairs and probably a service but it has gone to a good home and I hope someone gets some use out of it. I urge people to join this site and see what's on offer - you just never know. I've noted many different items for free - baby cot's and clothes, toys, garden sheds, etc etc. It's a wonderful site just to browse through. Now lets see what else I can recycle.

No comments: